MIT offers use of the chemical inventory tracking platform: Environmental Health & Safety Assistant (EHSA). For more information about getting your lab started with its hosted chemical inventory platform: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-452-3477. Someone will set up a meeting with you to demonstrate the platform and to discuss how to set up your inventory online.
Platform Key Features
EHSA offers an easy to use, streamlined user interface for quickly adding new chemicals. To log in it uses your certificate authentication and password. It also offers the ability for labs to mark chemical containers to share within their department. It offers a just in time quick link to search for SDS by container. And it offers the ability to have full or partial inventory uploads at any time using its custom template. Lab members can be trained to use this template upload feature.
If you already have a well-maintained inventory in another platform, please feel free contact EHS about migrating this inventory into EHSA.
Note: as specified in the Chemical Hygiene Plan Template, all inventories must be maintained for all hazardous chemicals. Hazardous chemicals include chemicals for which there is statistically significant evidence of health effects following exposure as well as flammable and explosive substances.
The Chemical Inventory Overview document will help labs identify what chemicals should be inventoried, the minimum information required to track and how often it should be updated.
For assistance or to report any issues, please contact email@example.com.
Examples of Chemicals that should be included in your Chemical Inventory:
The following websites have lists of chemicals that must be included in the lab inventory. Note: these lists are not all inclusive.
- Particularly Hazardous Substances
- EPA Lists of Lists: Extremely Hazardous Substances; CERCLA Hazardous Substances; EPCRA Toxic Chemicals; CAA Regulated Chemicals for Accidential Release Prevention
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Chemicals of Interest
- EPA Hazardous Air Pollutants
- TURA Chemicals
- Globally Harmonized System Hazard Code Reference
- Fire Zone Hazard Code Reference
- EHSA Inventory Template – contact EHS
- Interested in barcoding your chemicals? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-452-3477
- Questions/Need Help: Email email@example.com or call 617-452-3477