Green Chemical Alternatives Purchasing Wizard
The Green Chemical Alternatives Purchasing Wizard is intended as a tool to reduce the hazardous waste profile in research labs, an effort that ultimately saves MIT, and its researchers, money while reducing hazard potentials and the burden to our environment. It is supported by Executive Vice President Curry's Fall 2003 Institute-wide purchasing policy, which identified environmentally preferable purchasing as a sound method for saving money while maintaining MIT's reputation for superior research. It is further supported by MIT’s requirement under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) to identify opportunities for minimizing waste and MIT’s Pollution Prevention Program.
How to use the Green Chemical Alternatives Purchasing Wizard
Click on the link below to access the Wizard. Choose one of four methods to start your search:
- By the chemical you wish to replace
- By the process you wish to replace or modify
- By an alternative chemical you may have heard or read about, or
- By an alternative process you may have heard or read about
Click here to access the Green Chemical Alternatives Purchasing Wizard
Click here to download the Green Chemical Alternatives Purchasing Wizard Help Guide
Send requests for information to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need assistance in the purchase and use of less hazardous alternatives, please contact your department EHS Coordinator or the EHS office at 617-452-EHSS (3477).
Green Chemistry Conferences, Events And Webinars
- Green Chemistry Institute's Annual Green Chemistry and Engineering Conference
- American Chemical Society: green chemistry meetings and conferences
- The theme of the Spring 2010 National Meeting is “Chemistry for a Sustainable World”.
- Green Chemistry Network
- Conferences listed have a green chemistry and renewable energy focus and are hosted abroad.
- Yale University Center for Green Chemistry and Green Engineering
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE): Institute for Sustainability
- Information of upcoming events with a searchable list of past conferences and proceedings.